1) Interest bearing monetary securities issued by the Reserve Bank of Malawi for monetary policy operations
2) New on the market and interest paid semi annually and redeemed at par ( face value) on maturity date
3) Free of default risk because they are obligations by the central bank.
4) High degree of liquidity, can easily be converted into cash though at a relatively higher cost.
5 )Issued for a period of 3 to 5 years
6) FDH able to discount RBM Bond at a negotiable price.
7) FDH offers attractive rates to clients for long term investment in RBM Bond.
8)A good way of diversifying your money market portfolio into medium and longer term tenors at rates that match your investment goals.