1) short term securities issued by Malawi government through the Reserve Bank Of Malawi
2) Bills issued in tenors of 91 days, 182 days and 273 days
3) Primary auction done every Friday and settlement effected every Thursday
4) FDH licensed to sell bills in bits to individual and corporate clients from a minimum of K100,000.00
5) Free of default risk because they are obligations by the government
6) High degree of liquidity, can easily be converted into cash at a low transactional cost.
7) Bid and Offer prices displayed in key daily papers and firm quotes available from dealers on request every working day.